- Try to remain completely anonymous until you fully trust that person. Closely look for odd behaviour or inconsistencies. Serious people will always respect your space and allow you to take your time to make a decision.
- Ask a friend or relative to read the emails you receive because as an unbiased observer they can spot warning signs you missed.
- Stop communicating with anyone who pressures you for personal information like photo, mailing address, mobile no. etc., or attempts in any way to trick you into revealing it.
- View several images of someone in various styles: casual, formal, indoor and outdoor.
- If someone provides you a phone number with a strange area code, check it out to make sure it's not a charge number before you make the call.
- Be in control when it comes to taking an online relationship offline.
- If you decide to arrange a meeting, you always have the right to change your mind. It's possible that your decision to keep the relationship at the anonymous level is based on a hunch that you can't logically explain. Trust yourself.
- When you decide to meet face to face with someone for the first time, choose a public place (such as a mall / restaurant / cafe) where many people are around and ensure your own transportation to and fro.
- If you are meeting a person first time, take a friend or relative along with you. In case you decide to meet him/her alone then leave the name, address and telephone number of the person you are going to meet with your friend or family member.
- Ask many questions to him/her and watch for inconsistencies. This will help you detect liars &cons, and it will help you find out if you're truly compatible.
- Pay attention to displays of anger, intense frustration or attempts to pressure or control you. Acting in a resentful manner, making demeaning or disrespectful comments, or any physically inappropriate behaviour are all warning signs.
- Beware of those who try to ask money from you for whatever reason. Genuine person will not ask you for money in any circumstance. If someone asks you for money, use common sense and never give in to such requests.
- In case someone asks you for money report the situation to us.
Last updated November 17 , 2018